Tuesday, May 5, 2009

South Stack Lighthouse Angelsey May Bank Holiday


On the North West coast stands the South Stack`s Light House. We parked up the camper taking Fred on his lead.


We walked up the land meeting a shire mare on our way. At the top near the edges of the cliffs is the wonderful views of the open Irish Sea. Standing amongst the cliffs on a lone rocky island is the light house.

As you can see from the photographs the views are spectacular. We stood watching as the sea rolled with huge waves below us onto the cliff edges.

Taking and walking the path along the top of the cliffs we headed for the RSPB office and view point. Here you can watch the sea birds nesting along the cliffs. Huge video screens are displayed in the RSPB tower were you can survey the nest of the birds with there young. It is a bird watchers paradise.

After a while we headed back up the cliff to the car park and our camper van.
We did intend to go down and have a walk around the light house but due to my knee I couldn't manage the steps 400 today. My knee has flare ups more regular now a days.

In may 1992 I smashed my knee, ankle and crushed my lower leg whilst riding pillion on the back of a motorbike in Cheshire when a car ploughed into myself and the bike . Over the last few years my knee and lower leg has deteriorated due to bone damage caused by the accident.

My book will tell the whole story of the motorcycle crash and how I lost a baby boy at 20 weeks.

Another horrific incident which still effects my life to this day.






RSPB Sites Bird web sites www.rspb.org.uk/wales / www.rspb.org.uk/marine

No comments: