Monday, May 25, 2009

Harrison Drive Promenade Fish & Chips May 09

We headed down to the Wirral on yet another sunny day. Picking up Aaron`s great Aunt Murial, we firstly headed to visit Daniel, Callum and my dads ( Aaron`s grandad`s) grave. After our sad visit we headed off to Harrison Drive NR New Brighton.


We picked up Fish & Chips on the way. Settling down on the grass verge we ate our fill.

Aaron played with his new football skill toy, so did Billy. Fred also had a walk along the sea front. We took in the views and the healthy sea air.



Below are some Web Site Links of Interest :-

Wirral History Web Site - http://www.merseyside.net/newbrighton/


New Brighton On Line - http://www.newbrightononline.org.uk/home.asphttp://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/New_Brighton,_Merseysideightononline.org.uk/home.asp


After a while we headed to see the German U Boat based at Woodside Ferry Terminal which is the blog next to this one.
After visiting the U Boat we headed off back to Moreton.


Next stop was Fern bank Farm which is a livery stable run by Aunt Carol and Val my cousin. They were having a barbecue party here today. Aaron had a good time running around with a few of his cousins and playing on the bouncy castle. We looked at the ponies in the field. There wasn`t any I new except one Calib. Calib is over 31 yrs old.


I remembered Calib from years ago along with my old ponies Pepi a black Dales, Bubbles a palomino gelding and Joss our lovable Shetland. Sadly my old ponies have all passed away due to old age. My Cousin Val and I have fond memories of galloping around the local countryside in and around Moretonas children, competing in the local shows together quite a few years ago.

I retired my horses in 1988 from the show scene after Bubbles won 2 x Championships in the show jumping and gymkhana, Pepi, Bubbles and Joss all won winners medals in the gymkhana, handy ponies and the veteran classes plus other events.
My trophy cabinet remains full with trophy's, medals, certificates and rosettes my beloved ponies won over the years and remains a wonderful tribute to them.

t was lovely to see Calib looking very old but happy with his life.


Val and I had a good chat, whilst Billy made himself at home on the farm. We really enjoyed our afternoon of old horsey memory's.
As they weather changed and started to become over cast we headed back to Wales Our Home and to my current little pony Miniature Stallion Jiminey Jingles whom we have had for over 10yrs since the boys were babies. Photographs of Jingle can be seen on our on line photo pages link via this blog.

No comments: