Tuesday, August 28, 2012

Connemara


With still lakes and misty mountains Connemara is a beautiful enchanting place to visit. Leaving the Irish  city of Galway you then head out into beautiful countryside. Heading up the N59 the scenery changes from green grassy fields,  to wild rugged terrain the peat bogs were the peat is piled high ready for use.
I really enjoyed driving around Commemara we also drove up the road between the two mountain ranges through the national park The Twelve Ben`s and Maumturk Mountains.
Below are some of the photographs we took along the way.
Connemara is best known to me because of the horses. The Connemara pony is a very distinctive breed with excellent qualities strong intelligent and hard working. The breed is perfect for the wild unforgiving landscape of Connemara. The ponies gentle temperament makes them ideal family ponies, and a good all rounder.
I will shorting be writing a small piece on my other blog @ www.lesleyscoffeestop.blogspot.com  about these lovely ponies. I have fond memories of this breed as my Aunty owned one he was called Flika a beautiful palomino. I was very fond of Flika, having grown up as a small child knowing him. 























No comments: