Wednesday, January 7, 2015

British Iron Works Oswestry : Visitor Review


This is a place I have wanted to visit for quite some time The British Ironwork Centre. The Centre is situated just off the A5 at Whitehall Aston just outside Oswestry. The ironworks became famous for creating the TV BBC Uri Geller`s Spoon Gorilla. The site is a excellent celebration of metal art. 
Well what a lovely surprise we had, Simon won the spot the ball in a  local paper competition, so off we went to collect his prize from where's but the British Ironwork Centre.
Driving up the long driveway you are entertained by a number of metal structors. Its quite amazing as  most of them look real, animals without bars or rails. The place looks immaculate a pleasure to visit.
After parking up we wandered around the site coming across  a variety of structures, the terminator and alien of course where Simons favourites. Angela and I where drawn to everything especially the animals.
The sculptures where just fab a really pleasure to look at. There was so many to see you where spoilt for choice. Wandering through into the showroom under the sparkle lights you are met with a definite WOW factor. Although very cluttered it a fantastic place to wander around. I I do mean cluttered in a nice sense. There is so many wonderful items it was so difficult to choose a prize up to £45. Eventually Simon settled on a lovely little US army jeep with such wonderful detail.
I could never have chosen there was so much I would have love to take home with me.
Well as a visitor for the first time I was so very impressed. I did make enquiries and was please to hear the plans to expand with falconry and a cafe. There is a small cafe there now. I would defiantly recommend a visit here and I am so please this visitor attraction is virtually on our doorstep.

















































The Jeep That Simon Won Thanks To The Advertiser Spot The Ball 

Thank for for the prize British Iron Works very pleased.
 
Web Page www.britishironworks.co.uk
Email info@britishironworkscentre.co.uk 
Tel  01691 610952

Whitehall Aston Oswestry 
Shropshire SY11 4JH
they are also on Facebook & Twtter 
Twitter @britishironworks
Facebook  TheBritishIronWorkCentre 

SAT NAV SY11 4JH

Opening Hours
Mon - Sat 9am - 5pm 

Defiantly worth a visit  I give the British Iron Works Five Stars  *****

No comments: