Sunday, March 1, 2009

Miss Me A Little, But Not To Much

We we sad to hear of the death of yet another little boy Ivan. It brought back memories for all Daniel`s family and friends.

The words David Cameron said at the weekend :-
"We didn't expect to lose him so young and so suddenly. He leaves a hole in our life so big that words can't describe it. Bed time, bath time, meal time - nothing will feel the same again.

"He added: "We console ourselves knowing that he won't suffer anymore, that his end was quick, and that he is in a better place. But we all just miss him so desperately."

These words expressed how many of us feel after losing such a special child. These parents will miss him terribly just as any of us out there feel about our own special children. A forum tribute has been started in Daniel`s web site for Ivan if any one would liketo leave a message.
Below is a poem I was given a Well`s Catherdral recently :-
MISS ME BUT LET ME GO

When I come to the end of the road,

and the sun has set for me,

I want no tears in a gloom - filled room.

Why cry for a soul set free ?

------------

Miss me a little, but not too much,

and not with your head bowed low.

Remember thelove thatonce we shared,

Miss me, but let me go.

------------

This is a journey we al must take

and each must take alone ;

It`s all a part of God`s perfect plan,

a step on the road to home.

--------------

When you are lonely and sick of heart

go to the friends we know.

Bury your sorrows in doing good,

Miss me, but let me go.

---------------

No comments: