Wednesday, October 22, 2008

Inquest Into Daniels Death 22/10/08



Thanks to everyone who has sent messages etc to myself and family over the last few months. I am aware there are many people family, friends & customers from all my shops who are anxious to no how we are to date. I have been inundated with emails and phone calls and due to lack of time I have been unable to answer all of them. Therefore I am issuing a short statement on the web sites and blogs to up date you all.

The inquest conclusion into the death of our special boy Daniel was held today the 22/10/08 in Liverpool. Daniel died new years eve 2007. The inquest was attended by myself, my partner Billy, Francis and my solicitor ( who did a fantastic job ) Thanks Richard.
Also in attendance were a number of professionals connected to Daniels case whom were all very helpful and like ourselves so upset.

The case lasted most of the day. It was an extremely difficult day for family, friends & those close to Daniel. The coroners conclusion to the hearing was a narrative verdict due to the circumstances surrounding his death. The conclusion and reasons for his death were changed today due to evidence given within the court hearing. Daniel died of aspiration pneumonia connected to his condition pseudo trisomey 13. Basically he was unable to maintain his airway because he was so ill. The inquest is held to find the cause of death not the reason to why he got to such a state in which he should die. We are aware of the reason which will be taken up at a later date and due to legal reasons I am unable to discuss it publicly.

I would like to thank all my friends family & professionals who have helped and supported myself and Aaron during this difficult time. I am taking a little time to breath before contemplating my next step along with my solicitor.

Daniel was such a loving, fun loving, happy little boy who did not deserve to die the way he did. I hope the medical profession learn from his death and no other child like Daniel suffers the way he did during the last few weeks of his life.

I WOULD LIKE ANYONE WITH SPECIAL CHILDREN WHO HAVE HAD EXPERIENCES WITH THE NHS HEATH SERVICE AND HOSPITAL ADMISSIONS TO PLEASE CONTACT ME


please email me at danielstrustfund@fsmail.net Tel 01691 828261


above and below are some pictures of Daniel taken only weeks before his death. it is hard to believe a boy whom looked so healthy a few weeks earlier would be dead by new years eve.


No comments: