Sunday, March 2, 2014

One Of My Favourite Places In The World



One of my most favourite places in the world is Chester Zoo. Ever since I was a child I have loved to visit the zoo. I remember all those years ago using my dad's really old box camera to take pictures of the animals.
In 1977 the Queens silver jubilee a special thing happened at the zoo. It not out of the ordinary but back then it was. I was 10 years old when Jubilee the baby elephant was born. For many years I watched him grow into a fine bull elephant.
A couple of months ago was our last visit. There's is lots of work going on around the zoo at the moment
A new part will be opening during 2015. The new part is a 30 million pound Islands project. As part of this project there will be a new boat ride which will allow visitors to sail though the islands looking at the exotic animals along the way.
Visitors will also be able to explore on foot the views we will be able to are said to be fantastic.
I for one can not wait to see this project complete. We will be visible visiting this year but look forward to seeing the new island adventure in 2015.
The zoo's website is @ www.chesterzoo.org

No comments: