Tuesday, November 5, 2013

Potato Scones : Sweet Memories




Growing up I will always remember the yummy warm potato cakes my Nana used to make.
Visiting her at weekends I remember with such fondness the potato cake my Nana would place in front of me on a warm plate with a touch of butter to complete the delicious treat.
I have never been able to make the exact potato cakes my Nana used to make but here is a recipe similar.
These yummy easy to make treats are also ideal as a winter warmer come bonfire night.
Cook approx 250g of King Edward potato's until tender, drain and return to pan to cook off any access moisture. Mash and set aside.
Place 200g plain flour 1 tsp baking powder 3 tbsp chopped parsley and mix in a bowl.
Add the mash and mix with a fork.
Add 2 beaten eggs and 2 - 3 tbsp of milk stirring to make a soft dough.
Heat a large knob of butter and a drizzle of oil into a none stick frying pan.
Place four spoonfuls of mix into the pan and shape them into rounds. Now cook for 4 minutes each side.
Serve hot topped with cream cheese smoked salmon and a squeeze of lemon if desired. Or just plain an simple eat them on there own with a small knob of butter.

No comments: