Tuesday, October 8, 2013

Aviemore In The Cairngorms




Yet another stunning mountain range in Scotland travelling down the A9 you have the joy of being in the middle of the peaks.
Traveling down though the stunning Cairngorms you come cross the snow gates that close the busy main road when in the heights of winter the snow comes. You can use your imagination to see what conditions along the road would be like in a snow storm.
We took a pitstop off at Aviemore. The pretty winter ski town is well in reach of the Cairngorm National Park. Aviemore is another of my favourite places in Scotland. Although I think most of the places we visited past and present are my favourites too many to list. I have some fond memories of Aviemore, I still remember the snow upon the mountains and the sun streaming down the valley. Sitting on the grass having a barbecue in the sun surrounded by the snow covered tops of the mountain. It was such a beautiful sight that memory lives fondly in my memories. 





No comments: